The PE and Sport Allocation is funding provided to schools in addition to main school funding. This funding can only be spent on the provision of PE and sport in schools.
Using this funding, at Coniston we aim to:
- increase the opportunities of pupils during the school day and after school.
- develop the breadth and quality of the curriculum PE in all classes.
- increase the PE skills of all pupils and staff.
- develop participation in sports and competitions in the local area and region
- invest a portion of the grant to leave the school with a legacy of improved practice, curriculum, resources and involvement beyond the funded period
2017-18: 72% of year 6 children can swim the expected 25m on their fronts