Coniston Primary School aims to work in partnership with parents in the best interests of the children. Any complaint will be given careful consideration and will be dealt with fairly and honestly. We will provide sufficient opportunity for any complaint to be fully discussed, and aim to resolve it through open dialogue and mutual understanding.
What should you do if you have a query or aren’t happy about something?
If there is something you don’t understand or you are not happy about, please come in and see us. (you may just want to get something off your chest.) You can discuss this with the class teacher or other appropriate member of staff, such as the Special Needs Coordinator (SENCO) if it is about special needs.
The beginning of the school day is a very busy time for class teachers, who usually have a class of children to welcome, so the end of the day is normally a better time to speak with them. In some cases you may need to make an appointment to see the Headteacher.
We know that it can feel uncomfortable to question or challenge, but if you don’t tell us what is worrying you we cannot explain what we are doing or try to put it right.
If you feel you need to complain after you’ve discussed your query or concern there is a form you’ll need to use. (The school office and Clerk to the Governing Body and Head Teacher have copies of this form and guidance for making a complaint.)
If you make a complaint using the complaints form this is what will happen:
- You will receive a response within ten school working days, even if this is just a courtesy call to acknowledge receipt of the complaint
- Your complaint will be dealt with honestly, politely and in confidence
- Your complaint will be looked into thoroughly and fairly
- If your complaint is urgent we will deal with it more quickly
- We will keep you up to date with progress at each stage
- You will get an apology if we have made a mistake
- You will be told what we are going to do to put things right
- You will get a full and clear written reply to formal complaints within 15 school days of the complaint being heard
- The Headteacher will keep a copy of all complaints made in a complaints log.
For the full Complaints Policy please click here or contact the school office who can provide it for you.