Coniston Youtube Channel
We have created a Youtube channel to further communicate with you and your children throughout and after school closures. Here you will be able to view teachers reading their favourite stories and some additional support with home learning where necessary.
Follow the link to view the page and subscribe to make sure you do not miss any new content:
#This is PE
#ThisIsPE is designed to support parents to educate and entertain primary school children at home during the school closures. There are a lot of high-profile exercise videos available, but far less genuine physical education.
Please find below a list of some of the websites offering free or trial periods of their resources. They have been broken down into different subjects but often websites do in fact cover the whole curriculum. None of these websites require payment to access so some of the obvious platforms haven’t been included. Some do require you to log in or create a free account to access.
Walking from home activities
– interactive activities covering a whole range of subjects and year groups
– huge treasure trove of activities that cover a whole range of subjects. Also holds links to games etc that are hosted by other sites.
/ – a new picture is shared each day to provoke discussion, debate or writing ideas.
– a huge range of different subjects and focuses, arguably the best host of any resource you could need. Have offered a free account in the result of school closures.
– lots of specific links to different sites that offer free resources or learning platforms.
– huge range of different resources and information broken down into Key Stages and year groups.
– free online resource packs.
– spelling activities with specialist resources for each year group.
– free online digital download of a specialist children’s newspaper.
– vast online store of animated comic strips tracking legends and myths from across the wor
– downloadable reading activity pack.
– free online books – brilliant if you can’t get to the library
– online resources and print offs with specifically broken down key stage focuses.
– times tables and number bond practise
– This will break down arithmetic questions in a clear visual way as well as provide practise questions for primary aged children.
– lots of science subject areas covered with resources specifically designed for primary age children. (Other subjects are also available on this site).
– lots of different and fun science activities you can do in the house or garden
– lots of online videos that help keep children active inside and also teach mindfulness and meditation
– online programme for teaching and developing touch typing
– different activity ideas that involve creating or engaging with different things in your house or garden
– Joe Wicks has recorded various 5 minute fitness activities aimed at primary school children
– some videos are free – dances, workouts, fitness challenges